Vented crawl spaces are a problem. During hot, humid weather, they are a source of moisture, mold, and other indoor air quality problems. Fortunately, a vented crawl space can be converted into a high-performance, moisture-controlled space, and the best news – the cost of the upgrade will pay for itself in terms of energy savings!
The conversion includes:
- Installation of a heavy, reinforced plastic liner on the ground and on the exterior wall
- Installation of a high-performance DocAir dehumidifier and condensation removal system to maintain relative humidity below 60% at all times.
- Finally, installation of a remote-reading hygrometer in the crawl space that can be monitored continuously on a cloud-based app.
Many homes built on crawl space foundations in the Southeastern United States suffer from poor moisture management, some of the common symptoms include:
- Mold or moisture in the crawl space or living area
- Musty odors in the living area
- Condensation (“sweating”) on air conditioning ductwork or equipment
- Buckled hardwood floors
- High humidity in the living area
DocAir was founded in 2002 with a focus on indoor air quality and a committment to science-based solutions. About DocAir
”The work crew was extremely courteous and very neat in doing the project. I am extremely pleased with the work and wouldn’t hesitate to hire DocAir again or to recommend them to friends.Robert SmithDocAir Customer